AGENDA (Supporting Docs)
DANIA BEACH CITY COMMISSION
TUESDAY, APRIL 23, 2013 - 7:00 P.M.
IN CONSIDERATION OF OTHERS, WE ASK THAT YOU:
A. PLEASE TURN CELL PHONES OFF, OR PLACE ON VIBRATE. IF YOU MUST MAKE A CALL, PLEASE STEP OUT INTO THE ATRIUM, IN ORDER NOT TO INTERRUPT THE MEETING.
1. CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
2. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. PRESENTATIONS AND SPECIAL EVENT APPROVALS
1. Special Event request from Fireworks Lady & Co., LLC for a "4th of July State Approved Sparkler Sale", to be held at 1301 South Federal Highway from June 26 - July 4, 2013. (Agenda Request Item, Supporting Docs)
2. Special Event request from the Marine Industries Association of South Florida for the "17th Annual Plywood Regatta", to be held on May 4-5, 2013, on the North end of Dania Beach from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm. The applicant is requesting a permit fee waiver of $150.00, and for the City to pay the Building, Structural, Tent and Plumbing Permit Fees (estimated cost $635.00). All volunteers and mentors will park in the FAU/Sea Tech parking lot. (Agenda Request Item, Supporting Docs)
1. Relay for Life Days (Supporting Docs)
5. CITIZEN COMMENTS
Addressing the Commission: Comments by Dania Beach citizens, or other interested parties that are not part of the regular agenda, may be made during each Commission meeting during the period set aside for "citizen comments." A thirty (30) minute "citizen comments" period shall be designated on the agenda for citizens and interested persons to speak on matters not scheduled on that day's agenda. Each speaker shall be limited to 3 minutes for his or her comments. Persons desiring to speak during the citizen comment period shall inform the City Clerk prior to the beginning of the meeting of their intention to speak. If more than 10 speakers express a desire to speak, the Commission shall determine, on a meeting by meeting basis, whether to (a) extend the time allotted for citizen comments to accommodate all speakers, or (b) whether to limit the number of speakers or amount of time per speaker. A speaker's time shall not be transferable to another speaker.
6. PUBLIC SAFETY REPORTS
7. CONSENT AGENDA
1. Minutes: (Supporting Docs)
Approve Minutes of April 9, 2013 City Commission Meeting
Request of Louise Stilson, City Clerk, to attend the 2013 Florida Association of City Clerks (FACC) Summer Conference & Academy on June 9-12, 2013, in Orlando, Florida, for educational purposes. (Estimated cost $1,058.40)
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF DANIA BEACH, FLORIDA, PROVIDING FOR TRANSFER AND APPROPRIATION OF FUNDS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012-2013; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS; FURTHER, PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
8. BIDS AND REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS
9. PUBLIC HEARINGS
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF DANIA BEACH, FLORIDA, CONSENTING TO BE INCLUDED IN A MUNICIPAL SERVICES TAXING UNIT ("MSTU") FOR A CONSOLIDATED REGIONAL E-911 COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM CREATED BY BROWARD COUNTY ORDINANCE, FOR A PERIOD OF TIME NOT TO EXCEED FIVE (5) YEARS; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS; PROVIDING FOR SEVERABILITY; FURTHER, PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE. (SECOND READING)
RESOLUTION NO. 2013-
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF DANIA BEACH, FLORIDA, AUTHORIZING THE PROPER CITY OFFICIALS TO EXECUTE A STANDARD INTERLOCAL AGREEMENT WITH BROWARD COUNTY, RELATING TO THE ESTABLISHMENT OF A CONSOLIDATED REGIONAL E-911 COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS, FURTHER, PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF DANIA BEACH, FLORIDA, APPROVING THE REQUEST FOR MODIFICATIONS TO SITE PLAN SP-05-99, APPROVED BY THE CITY COMMISSION ON MARCH 23, 1999, SUBMITTED BY KEITH AND SCHNARS, P.A., REPRESENTING THE PROPERTY OWNER, DESIGN CENTER OF THE AMERICAS, LLC ("DCOTA") FOR PROPERTY LOCATED AT 1855 GRIFFIN ROAD IN DANIA BEACH; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS; FURTHER, PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF DANIA BEACH, FLORIDA, APPROVING THE REQUEST FOR A SPECIAL EXCEPTION (SE-42-12) SUBMITTED BY BROWARD COUNTY WATER AND WASTEWATER SERVICES, FROM THE DANIA BEACH LAND DEVELOPMENT CODE, SECTION 835, "TELECOMMUNICATION TOWERS AND ANTENNAS", FOR PROPERTY LOCATED AT 4890 SW 40TH AVENUE, DANIA BEACH; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS; FURTHER, PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF DANIA BEACH, FLORIDA, APPROVING THE SITE PLAN REQUEST (SP-55-12) AND VARIANCE (VA-56-12) SUBMITTED BY SCOTT BACKMAN, ON BEHALF OF TANJALI INVESTMENT, LLC, FOR PROPERTY LOCATED AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF STIRLING ROAD AND SW 19 COURT IN THE CITY OF DANIA BEACH, FLORIDA; PROVIDING FOR CONFLICTS; FURTHER, PROVIDING FOR AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
10. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION
1. Request by Paul Flanigan of the Quarterdeck Restaurant to serve alcohol on the beach - City Manager Baldwin (Supporting Docs)
11. COMMISSION COMMENTS
11.1 Commissioner Brandimarte
11.2 Commissioner Flury
11.3 Commissioner Grace
11.4 Vice-Mayor Jones
11.5 Mayor Duke
1. Airport Advisory Board (Supporting Docs)
Commissioner Grace - 1 appointment
2. Education Advisory Board (Supporting Docs)
Mayor Duke - 1 appointment
3. Green Advisory Board (Supporting Docs)
Commissioner Flury - 1 appointment
13. ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS
13.1 City Manager
13.2 City Attorney
13.3 City Clerk - Reminders
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 - 6:00 p.m. CRA Board Meeting
Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. City Commission Meeting
Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 6:00 p.m. Abatement Hearing
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. City Commission Meeting